Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Sponsored: The Weekend Market

You know you’re a certified Tita of Manila when... you prefer a quiet Friday night so you can get up early on a Saturday to catch the weekend market. Lol.  There’s something so interesting about a weekend market - homemade specialties, unique offerings sold for a cause and products that are not your run of the mill ‘mainstream’ offerings. I seriously believe it’s not just for the foodies and health enthusiasts out there. The very concept of why it was established in the first place, think neighborhood gathering and getting to know each other, is very interesting to begin with. :)

Funny how in one article, it was pointed that this type of market is one where you actually give a thought about your clothing before going. Lol. I don’t actually believe in that (you can tell from pics below) but on purpose, I decided to wear this white pantsuit from Rosegal coz I thought it was perfect for that setting. Sheesh. It's a very breezy outfit with its criss-cross back and front leg slits that's easy to wear. Though flats are advised, my pair of sandals is kitten-heeled so it's not really a struggle going around the market. Also, they're from our very own local brand Carmelette's.

So finally, after working in Makati for almost five years now, I got the chance to catch the weekend market in my favourite village – Salcedo Village in Makati. My favorite about this market? There's a park next to the parking lot where it's setup and so can just easily have a picnic after getting your food finds. I don't know it's just that I feel Manilenos don't do picnics often and parks are not very well-utilized unlike those in Europe (specifically, in Paris mon amour <3). 












Hat: Zara; Dress: Rosegal; Shoes: Carmelette's; Earrings: Mango
This post was in collaboration with Rosegal/ Carmelette's. All styling by yours truly. Use the code RosegalChen in your purchases to get additional discounts. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment