Friday, May 19, 2017

Tokyo, Tokyo πŸ—ΎπŸ‡―πŸ‡΅

Everybody (atleast in the Philippines) is going to Tokyo lately. Lol. I think it’s because of a budget airline's recent promos (imagine our airfare is cheaper than my coming trip up North here in PH :P).  But anyway, if you’re travelling to Tokyo for the first time, Japan guide offers a very good itinerary plan which made me think why I didn’t consult it on my first trip to Osaka 3 years ago. Here’s what our what to do/ see was able to afford in our short 4-day stint:

We arrived Sunday morning and met Felix at Shibuya and asked to meet him where Hachiko is. The whole day entailed a lot of walking covering the ffg:


Shibuya crossing. 🚸 Though I’m such a doglover, I found it too “touristy” to have a pic with Hachiko. Lol. But since I love pedestrian crossings so much, there’s no shame in this shot - the busiest pedestrian in the world. Haha.



Love hotel hill at Dogenzaka. 🏩 This was sure not part of the itinerary but the sushi place we ate at (yes to sushi-go-rounds) is located somewhere close to this place. For some reason, I always end up visiting red light districts in Japan just like last time in Osaka. Haha. But I liked this place. πŸ˜›




Omotesando. πŸ›️ My Japanese students used to tell me that I will enjoy it a lot here. Lol. What makes them think I could afford a single stitch of designer bags or clothing here? Haha.


Meiji shrine. ⛩️ This is a shrine complex in a forest of about 70 hectares and we covered only what our already tired feet could take us. It was indeed lucky that we witnessed a traditional wedding procession during the visit. πŸ‘°



Harajuku.πŸ‘Ί Sadly, we didn’t see any cosplayers because it was almost night time when we reached the place. Luckily, we did find the yummiest cotton candy in here and this is where I bought the pink earmuffs and fur ball keychain (very Kendall, lol!) that matched my gloves in Mt Fuji and Kawazu festival look. :P

Moreover, it’s a pure coincidence that I bumped into Marc and James, who I made friends with during my trip to Maldives. Hi to both of you if you’re reading. Lol. 


Roponggi/ Tokyo Tower. πŸ—Ό On our 2nd night, John wanted to check out the night scene at Roponggi but it seemed like we took the wrong side of the district. It was unexpected however that we spotted the Tokyo tower at night from there and walked our once again tired selves towards the lighted stature. We decided not to climb it up.




Mori Art Museum. πŸ–Ό️ Thanks to several celebrities who featured this museum in their stories prior to our trip, there were a lot of  cool stuff we saw in the museum and of course the city view was fantastic.




So many places still missed out but at least it's not impossible to go back again.😊 Arigato Gozaimasu, Tokyo. πŸ™

1 comment: