Friday, October 21, 2016

The Floppy

Each year, trends come and go. And it seems to me there's always a little part of the '70s being thrown back into the present each year. Last year, a study revealed an increased tracking of fringed items making it one of the top trends in the western world and this Fall/Winter, the '70s revival is once again upon us when it just named velvet as its It-fabric of 2016. 

While there are many other popular silhouettes (flares, maxis) and detailing (fringe, embroidery) from the disco era that are still relevant today, I'd like to focus on today's post on one of the accessories that emerged from our groovy past - the floppy hat. A little history digging of this topper gave me this info below:

Floppy hats were a fashion essential in the 70s; women tended to have colorful hats made of felt which matched their special dresses. It was also in the same era when style icons such as Bridget Bardot gave it a sexy flair. It ultimately became de riguer as a 1970s fashion essential when it became part of the uniform worn by the women in the 1975 film "The Stepford Wives."

I've had this hat for about 5 years now and I find myself incorporating it into my style lately. It's face-framing, a good cover-up for a bad  hair day and provides additional protection from the sun. This is certainly one of my favorite hats. :)


Top: Zara; Belt: Topshop; Skirt/ Shoes: Zalora; Hat: H&M


Dress/ Shoes: Dorothy Perkins; Hat: H&M


Top: Topshop; Skirt/ Shoes: Zalora; Hat: H&M

No comments:

Post a Comment