Saturday, May 30, 2015

Corporate Cool!

One of the things I learned in my styling workshop is the different areas that the stylists are working on. There’s TV, editorials, celebrities and so on. But I think there is something that is missing in that list – stylists should be hired or atleast have a “consultative role” in drafting the company policies too – in the dresscode department. :P

Let’s take a look for example, at the shorts. I don’t understand why shorts (I’m talking about the appropriate length here) shouldn’t be considered as wearable at work (for most companies) when there are different ways to make it look corporate-y enough.  I can pull off a hundred galleries of women who makes it work (first thing in mind: Olivia Palermo of course!). It’s the same thing for school policies too. I remember being “awarded” a violation slip for wearing sandals that are wedge-y enough to look formal for school but still not within the “should-have-straps-at-the-back “rule. :P Guess I’m really notorious for violating dress codes even back then, lol.

Having said this, I do know that there’s a lot of considerations that employers must make in instituting dress codes at work (public image, nature of work and the type of environment, etc). But stylists are exposed to different looks, materials, outfit combinations and what-not to cover atleast everything that should fit the company's general image but still giving enough leeway for the employees. And as for this shorts? For a casual Friday without the need for meeting up clients, this look should be appropriate enough. Come to think of it, the first half of this day was even spent doing the fire drill. Lol.


Fire drill. In that heels. I seriously didn’t get the memo. And let me just add that thankfully, we’re not in the 41st floor anymore. Lol!


Blazer: Forever21; Buttondown: Lacoste; Shorts: Unbranded
Sunnies: Flea market in Osaka; Bag: Night market in Seoul; 
Shoes: Ezra by Zalora

No comments:

Post a Comment